Gearing up for Greenbelt 2018
In it’s 45th year, Greenbelt Festival is at Boughton House in Kettering, Northants this weekend.
The Livability Team are delighted to be at Greenbelt Festival for another year, you’ll find us in the Greenbelt Takeaway area as well as in the Forge where we’ll be running workshops and events.
Last year we supported Greenbelt’s inclusive, accessible communion service. This year, we’re here launching a new resource called ‘More Than Welcome’. It helps churches support the full participation of disabled people in church and community life.
A taste of what’s happening
The resource is just the start of the conversation – we’ll have workshops you can get involved in, training taster sessions, in-depth one to one spots to dicuss churches and disability (please pre-book), mindfulness sessions.
Visit us at the Livability stand to find out about the support we offer to churches and communities and sign up for your free copy of More Than Welcome.
Here’s the full running order for our workshops and tasters over the course of the festival.
Livability will hold ‘More Than Welcome’ accessible church training at Greenbelt’s, Forge Venue on Sat 2pm, and Sunday 5 pm. We will be hosting a panel Monday at 1 pm ‘Imagining Home’ – hear from a panel with lived experience of disability who will be talking to us about how our churches become places where everybody can take part.
Join us at the Livability Stand
We’re available all weekend in the Greenbelt Takeaway area. Come with questions and share your thoughts. Book a one to one with a member of the team to explore:
- A hopeful response to dementia
- Your church’s response to disability
- Reviewing your approach to church & community action
Our tasters provide an introduction to the training we offer. Take a look at our timetable to find out more.
- My Faith Matters- a tool to support people living with dementia
- The Happiness Course- a course to run in your community to improve wellbeing and life satisfaction
- Worship with Makaton: Learn how basic Makaton signing can make your worship more accessible, and fun!
- Wellbeing: Take part in a mini-workshop on wellbeing and creativity. Join us for mindfulness or mediation and take time to reflect.