The Princess Royal Awards 2011
Six members of Livability’s staff have received awards from Her Royal Highness The Princess Royal in recognition of their outstanding work with disabled people.
The award ceremony took place on 1 November 2011 at Lambeth Palace. The Princess Royal Awards were created by national disability Livability to recognise the outstanding contribution of its staff – often the ‘unsung heroes’. Her Royal Highness The Princess Royal who is Livability’s patron, graciously agreed to put her name to the awards.
Every year the charity invites nominations from its managers and staff across the whole organisation to nominate a colleague who they believe has made a special contribution in support of Livability values for which they deserve to be recognised.
This year the winners are:
- Dawn Gentry – Lifestyle Choices -The Links, Brackley
- James Colton- Victoria Education Centre and Sports College
- Lucina Nash – Nash College
- Louisa Rubin – Cam Peak View, Gloucestershire Supported Living
- Sally James Layton – Livability Lifestyle Choices West
- Sally Matthews – Hinwick Hall College
Anne Strach Director of HR at leading national disability charity Livability said: ‘’These awards are a true recognition of the hard work, commitment, skill and values of our staff. We are delighted to have so many fantastic winners this year and we want to praise them for the real difference they make to the lives of disabled and vulnerable people all over the UK.’’