Livability Anvil House in Billericay, Essex, provides person-centred, responsive care for seven adults with intellectual disabilities and additional needs such as sensory impairment, and low-level challenging behaviour.
Our home is in a peaceful residential area, close to the town centre. Our care is available 24 hours a day from experienced and well-trained staff. There are usually three or four staff in the home at any one time. Our staff work closely with local GPs, psychologists, psychiatrists, speech and language therapists and community / learning disability nurses, to give you tailored care.
Livability Anvil House is spacious and bright, with large bedrooms which our residents can decorate as they choose. There are shower rooms upstairs and an adapted bathroom with a sensory spa bath on the ground floor. Everyone can get together in the large lounge, in the garden or in the sunny conservatory. There is a separate dining area, where evening meals are eaten together.
The town offers a wide range of amenities including banks, a Post Office, and various supermarkets, including a large Waitrose. We are a five minute drive to the station which has direct train links to London. Chelmsford and Basildon are both five miles away and offer other leisure pursuits including an ice rink, cinemas and theatres. The town is surrounded by farmland and the ancient woodland Norsey Woods.
Trips to ice-skating, bowling and cinema are all popular. Just round the corner from Livability Anvil House is Lake Meadows, a large area of parkland containing a fishing lake, swimming pool, skateboarding park, bowling green, tennis courts and a miniature golf course. The local country park and nature reserve is a ten minute walk away.
Our residential care
Livability Anvil House is one of 35 care homes delivering residential support and nursing care for people with physical or intellectual disabilities. We are committed to creating caring communities that promote inclusion and wellbeing for our residents. We combine enabling support with a vibrant home life, and maximise opportunities for residents to enjoy a full and independent life. Livability provides modern care services, embracing new and assisted technology and adaptations.
The home is run by Livability, the disability charity that connects people with their communities.
Billericay Essex CM12 ONX
- Experienced, well-trained staff – awarded Outstanding by CQC for responsive care and organising services so that they meet people’s needs, are listened to and have their rights and diverse circumstances respected
- Enabling environment – our Active Support model maximises residents’ independence and monitors outcomes and monitors outcomes
- Excellent links with local healthcare professionals
- Bright sunny house with large bedrooms
- Adapted bathroom with sensory spa room, plus shower rooms
- Peaceful setting close to town centre amenities
- Visitors welcome
- Quick rail connection to London
- Regular visits from a podiatrist, masseur and hairdresser