Our promise to volunteers
When enquiring about volunteering with us, we’ll ask you to:
- Tell us a bit about yourself: your skills and interests, why you want to volunteer and your availability.
- Depending on the type of role, we will usually meet you for an informal chat over a cuppa to talk about how we can best work together.
- We may request two character references who can confirm you’d be a great volunteer, depending on the role you’re interested in.
- If the role involves working with the people we support, you will need a DBS check which we will arrange for you (free of charge). This check will require certain documents from you so that we can confirm your identity.
We guarantee that we will:
- Read and respond to every application.
- Do our utmost to place you in a suitable role, making sure it matches what you want to do.
- Support you in your volunteering journey, providing any materials, advice, training or agreed out of pocket expenses etc.
- Ensure you always have access and support from the Livability staff team.
- Never discriminate