Victoria Education Centre awarded ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted
Victoria Education Centre – a Livability special needs school in the heart of Poole – has been rated as ‘Outstanding’ in all areas in an Ofsted inspection which took place on 25 – 26 June.
Victoria Education Centre is a special school for young people aged from 4 to 19. Serving disabled students and people with complex medical requirements, the school caters for a variety of needs including communication difficulties learning difficulties and sensory impairments.
Ofsted says an outstanding school is highly effective in delivering outcomes that provide exceptionally well for all its pupils’ needs, ensuring that pupils are well equipped for the next stage of their education.
Highlights from the report included:
- ‘Pupils from the youngest to the oldest make outstanding progress.’ They ‘thrive, enjoy school, and achieve well academically, vocationally and in their personal and social development.’
- ‘The range of subjects and experiences offered to pupils is excellent. The curriculum meets the wide range of learning needs well and equips pupils with the skills they need.’
- They praised the quality of teaching which is ‘outstanding’, ‘dynamic’ and has ‘numerous strengths’, and recognised the ‘exceptional relationships between staff and pupils’.
- ‘The school’s work to keep pupils safe and secure is outstanding’ and it is noted that ‘staff are very skilled in ensuring all pupils are highly engaged in learning’.
- ‘Staff are highly committed and enjoy their work’ and that ‘parents are equally fulsome in their praise of the school and hold it in high esteem’.
Simon Brown, Head Teacher of Victoria Education Centre, said:
‘We are very proud that the outcome reflects both the hard work and continued dedication of the whole school community and delighted that the inspectors recognised the school’s unique strengths. The report notes the high levels of engagement and support provided to enable students to reach their potential. I am delighted that inspectors agree that the quality of teaching is outstanding, dynamic and has numerous strengths.’
Victoria Education Centre is major provider of education for disabled people and an important project in the Livability family of services.
Liz Mell, Operations Director said:
‘Livability is a charity that is passionate about delivering services that support disabled people live full and independent lives, enjoy more choice and opportunity, and get more connected with their community. Excellent education provision has a massive role to play in this. We are delighted that Ofsted have recognised the school as outstanding and would like to commend Head Teacher Simon Brown and all the wonderful staff, for this fantastic achievement.’
To see the school’s full report visit here.